- Cars & Drivers
Version updated Jan 20th 2012
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS AND LEAVE OUR SITES IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBISTE(S), GAME(S), OR SERVICE(S).
This software program, and any files that are delivered to you by Vae Victis srl via on-line transmission or otherwise to “patch”, update, or otherwise modify the software program, as well as any printed materials and any on-line or electronic documentation (the “Manual”), and any and all copies and derivative works of such software program and Manual (collectively, with the “Game Client” defined below, the “Game”) is the copyrighted work of Vae Victis or its licensors (collectively referred to as “VV”). Any and all uses of the Game are governed by the terms of this End User License Agreement (the “License Agreement”, “Agreement”), the terms and conditions applicable to the use of the related online service available at (“Terms of Service”). The Game is distributed solely for use by authorized end users according to the terms of this License Agreement. Any use, reproduction, modification or distribution of the Game not expressly authorized by the terms of the License Agreement is expressly prohibited.
1. Grant of a Limited Use License
If you agree to this License Agreement, you may install the Game Client onto your computer for purposes of playing the Game by registering for and accessing an account (“Service”). Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with this License Agreement, VV hereby grants, and you hereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license to (a) install the Game Client on one or more computers owned by you or under your legitimate control, and (b) use the Game Client in conjunction with the Service for your non-commercial entertainment purposes only. All use of the Game Client is subject to this License Agreement and to the Terms of Service agreement (“Terms of Service”), both of which you must accept before you can use your Account to play the Game.
2. Additional License Limitations
The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the “License Limitations”). Any use of the Game in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of VV’s copyrights in and to the Game. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
A. In whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Game; provided, however, that you may make one (1) copy of the Game Client and the Manuals for archival purposes only;
B. Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Victory The Age of Racing experience;
C. Exploit the Game or any of its parts, including without limitation the Game Client, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation (a) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of VV; (b) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Game; or © performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, e.g., power-leveling;
D. Use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information about a character or the game environment; provided, however, that VV may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;
E. Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game Client in any way not expressly authorized by VV;
F. Host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by VV in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;
G. Facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Game or the Service, including without limitation (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by VV;
H. Sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Game to other parties in any way not expressly authorized herein, or rent, lease or license the Game to others.
3. Terms of Service
You must accept the Terms of Service in order to access the Service and play the Game. The Terms of Service agreement governs all aspects of the game play. You may view the Terms of Service by visiting the following website: (“Terms of Service”). If you do not agree with the Terms of Service, then you may not register for an Account to play the Game.
4. Proprietary Rights; Copyrights and Trademarks
A. All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Game and all copies thereof (including without limitation any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, character inventories, structural or landscape designs, animations, sounds, musical compositions and recordings, audio-visual effects, storylines, character likenesses, methods of operation, moral rights, and any related documentation) are owned or licensed by VV. The Game Client is protected by the copyright laws of all countries on the Earth, international copyright treaties and conventions and other laws. All rights are asserted and reserved. The Game may contain materials licensed by third parties, and the licensors of those materials may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this License Agreement. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
B. Vae Victis and VV’s corporate logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of VV in Italy and other countries, and all rights, title and interests in and to any and all such marks are hereby expressly reserved by VV. All other trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos that appear within VV games or are displayed on the Website are the property of their respective owners. The Game and all materials, information and data contained or displayed within the games, and/or otherwise appearing within the Website, including documents, Services, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole property of VV and are © 1998-2012 Vae Victis. All rights that have not been expressly granted to you pursuant to these terms are hereby expressly reserved by VV. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, publication, or other use or exploitation of the games, the Website and/or any of the materials (or any portion or derivative of any such items), directly or indirectly, is strictly prohibited unless the written consent of the applicable copyright owner or relevant sublicensor (if any) is first obtained.
5. Consent to Monitor
This License Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate the License Agreement at any time by (i) permanently destroying all copies of the Game in your possession or control; (ii) removing the Game Client from your hard drive. VV may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason or no reason. Upon termination for any reason, all licenses granted herein shall immediately terminate and you must immediately and permanently destroy all copies of the Game in your possession and control and remove the Game Client from your hard drive.
7. Patches and Updates
VV may deploy or provide patches, updates and modifications to the Game that must be installed for the user to continue to play the Game. VV may update the Game remotely including without limitation the Game Client residing on the user’s machine, without the knowledge of the user, and you hereby grant to VV your consent to deploy and apply such patches, updates and modifications.
8. Duration of Online Services
This Game is an online game that must be played over the Internet through the Service as provided by VV. You understand and agree that the Service is provided by VV at its discretion and may be terminated or otherwise discontinued by VV pursuant to the Terms of Service.
9. Game Participation
Your participation in Game is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Each Player can have only one registration account. Players are solely responsible for their behavior in both public and chat. Players are responsible for protecting their accounts from access by others. You are strongly encouraged to select a hard-to-guess password and not re-use that password on any other sites where it may be read by the owners or administrators of that site. It is highly recommended that board users do not share their accounts with others, nor share their computers used to access the site with others. In case your account has been lost or hacked, please, inform the administration immediately. Please report any bugs and errors related to registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Account Suspension
Violations of these rules can lead to the following sanctions:
Temporary suspension from public and chat
Permanent suspension from public and chat
Temporary suspension of user account
Permanent suspension of user account
Forced renaming of user account
C. Prohibited Uses
By involving yourself in the Game, you acknowledge that you agree to these and all other relevant rules and will abide by them regardless of the circumstances. In addition you also agree that these rules will apply to anyone that you allow to use your VV’s account or user ID. By allowing another user to use your account, you are personally responsible for all the consequences (including termination of your account) which may result, if the above discussed person violates any of the listed rules at any time you will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid by you.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Game or any VV public and chats, message boards, messenger-type and other communication features:
- Register nicknames and/or use clan names and symbols that can cause misunderstanding or point to VV or its partners, connected with organizations and/or Nazi figures, violating the law of the country of player’s residence or international law, as well as using Nazi symbols, designations, abbreviations (SS), and their stylizations (55);
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, the Game or other VV official, employee, representative or agent (or an official, employee, representative or agent of VV’s affiliates, licensors or licensees), forum leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Transmit or facilitate the transmission of any user content that is unlawful, harmful, rude, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, that may be invasive of another’s right of privacy or publicity, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable ;
- Transmit any user content to an VV communication feature which discloses your or any other person’s personal information;
- Transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content to an e-mail address, messenger-feature address or other location that is not yours or to which you do not have the expressly authorized right to use without securing the prior authorization of such other person or entity;
- Slander and deception of VV staff. VV staff is to be as impartial and unbiased as possible. If there is an issue with the performance of the VV staff the players are to send a report to Customer Service so the issue can be taken under investigation. Openly offending the VV Staff, withholding information, or openly deceiving the VV staff, as well as contradicting their words, actions, and decisions can lead to various penalties depending on the situation. Offenses in this category go through a thorough analysis before punishment is given;
- Transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation. Advertising may include, but is not limited to, the repeated posting of website links through any of the in-game methods of communication. Links to sites, images and/or video as well as businesses and organizations or websites not related to VV and the Game may also be considered as advertising and so such actions are considered prohibited. Discussions of other war games are allowed, however, any form of advertising of non- VV games will not be tolerated;
- Use cheating and hacking. Any kind of cheating or hacking which is concluded by our assessment of a player’s results will not be tolerated. The hacker’s information including the current IP Address will be recorded for future reference and investigation. By using the Game you agree to immediately report to VV staff on any hacking tools if known that can potentially harm the Website or the Game for further investigation;
- Transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content that contains a virus, corrupted data, trojan horse, bot, keystroke logger, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to and/or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or mine, scrape or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Use VV’s сommunication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting (use of all caps), flooding (continuous posting of repetitive text) or excessively large embedded images, spamming, trolling or flaming);
- Discuss social, religious, political topics that create controversy as well as negatively portray religious and political figures.
- Discuss controversial issues or actions that violate international law or the law of a player’s country;
- Modify any files that VV does not specifically authorize users to modify. Use of material, which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder, is prohibited, and will result in the termination of the account and possible civil and/or criminal liability;
- Exploit errors in design, features which are not documented and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble all or any portion of the Game or other services.
- Violating the law of the country of player’s residence or international law by using the cars customization features in the game.
D. Reporting Violation
Please report any violations to the above terms and conditions to email@example.com Attached screenshots and/or video are highly appreciated.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
Your access and use of the Game is and will be entirely at your o VV risk and expense. Please be advised that neither the materials nor the third-party content have been verified or authenticated in whole or in part by or for VV, and, accordingly, the audiovisual content and related information and data may include inaccuracies or typographical or other errors. VV does not make any representations or grant any warranties regarding the Game, materials, any third-party content, and/or any other subject matters of this Agreement, including, without limitation, any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or timeliness of the materials or the third-party content contained within or otherwise displayed as part of the Website. VV shall have no obligations or liability for any errors or omissions of or concerning the Game, the materials and/or any third-party content, whether provided by VV or our licensors or any third-party contributors or other sources of any such items.
NEITHER VV, VV’S THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES CONTAINED IN THE GAME, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “VV PARTIES”), MAKE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT THE GAME WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE GAME OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE GAME, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL VV COMMUNICATION FEATURES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GAME AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT AND SERVICES CONTAINED THEREON ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE VV PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. USE OF THE GAME IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
11. Limitation of Liability
- NEITHER VV NOR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE GAME OR ANY USE OF THE GAME, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES. FURTHER, NEITHER VV NOR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PLAYER CHARACTERS, VIRTUAL GOODS OR CURRENCY, ACCOUNTS, STATISTICS, OR USER RANKS, OR PROFILE INFORMATION STORED BY THE GAME AND/OR THE SERVICE. VV SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ISP DISRUPTIONS, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER EVENT WHICH MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA OR DISRUPTION OF SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL VV BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- NEITHER THE VV PARTIES NOR ENDORSES OR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT, NOR FOR ANY OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE OR ILLEGAL POSTING OR CONDUCT, ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL VV COMMUNICATION FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE, BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AUTHORIZED VV EMPLOYEES WHILE ACTING IN THEIR OFFICIAL CAPACITIES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL VV, ANY VV THIRD PARTY PROVIDER, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL VV COMMUNICATION FEATURES. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL VV COMMUNICATION FEATURES. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT.
12. Equitable Remedies
You hereby agree that VV would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this License Agreement were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that VV shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this License Agreement, in addition to such other remedies as VV may otherwise have available to it under applicable laws. In the event any litigation is brought by either party in connection with this License Agreement, the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to recover from the other party all the costs, attorneys’ fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation.
VV reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete any of the terms and conditions of this License Agreement when VV upgrades the Game Client, effective upon prior notice as follows: VV will post the revised version of this License Agreement on the Victorythegame website, and may provide such other notice as VV may elect in its sole discretion. If any future changes to this License Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this License Agreement, you may terminate this License Agreement in accordance with Section 6 herein. Your installation and use of any of VV’s updates or modifications to the Game or your continued use of the Game following notice of changes to this Agreement will demonstrate your acceptance of any and all such changes. VV may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Game at any time. VV may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Game without notice or liability. You have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Game.
14. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
A. Informal Negotiations
To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to this License Agreement (“Dispute”), you and VV agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least 30 days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one person to the other. VV will send its notice to your billing address and email you a copy to the email address you have provided to us. You will send your notice to Vae Victis srl, Via Emilia Ponente 1667, 47522 – Cesena (FC) ITALIA and e-mail a copy to our customer support service firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Binding Arbitration
If you and VV are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, either you or VV may elect to have the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ABSENT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the jurisdiction of Italian courts. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except as otherwise provided in this License Agreement, you and VV may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
You and VV agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between VV and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (1) no arbitration shall be joined with any other; (2) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (3) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
D. Exceptions to Informal Negotiations and Arbitration
You and VV agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (1) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or VV’s intellectual property rights; (2) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy or unauthorized use; and (3) any claim for injunctive relief.
This License Agreement constitutes and contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements, provided, however, that this Agreement shall coexist with, and shall not supersede, the Terms of Service. To the extent that the provisions of this Agreement conflict with the provisions of the Terms of Service, the conflicting provisions in the Terms of Service shall govern. The provisions of Sections 4(A), 5, 9-11, 13 and 14 shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, that provision shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall be given full force and effect.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand the foregoing License Agreement and agree that by clicking “Accept” or installing the Game Client I am acknowledging my agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.